Our Commercial litigation and arbitration practice offers the combination of expansive litigation experience, legal know-how and expertise and a vast understanding of the judicial system, industry knowledge, and practical business sense critical to our clients businesses and needs.
We are aggressive in protecting our clients’ interests and specifically seek the best litigation solutions for our client and their businesses
We have expertise in alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration, mediation and negotiation.
Our recent experience:
- Resisting various contractual dispute claims of more than Kshs. 1.5 billion for The Alliance Companies
- Defending CFC Stanbic Bank Kenya Ltd against two claims totalling over Kshs. 200 million made by the plaintiffs claiming that interest on loans were charged illegally
- Representing the Privatisation Commission in a privatisation case relating to the Kenya Ports Authority whose value was over Kshs. 1 billion
- Successfully representing the ABB Group of Companies (ABB Sweden, ABB Finland, ABB Kenya) in various procurement cases filed at the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board whose contract value was about Kshs. 1.5 billion
- Acting for Unlimited Directions Kenya Ltd In a complex arbitration claim
- Representing Seven Seas Technologies Ltd in procurement cases
- Obtained Mareva injunctions for the Capital Markets Authority and also freezing the defendant’s assets including bank accounts in a suit relating to fraud in the capital markets. The initial claim against the defendant was Kshs. 513 million
- Successfully appeared before the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board as counsel for the successful bidder CPSC Transcom in a contract worth over Kshs. 200m
- Representing a multinational in the abuse of a dominant market position dispute