We understand the legal and business issues our clients in the TMT industries face and aim to deliver strategic value and efficiencies. Whether the subject area is distinctly regulatory, litigation, intellectual property, or transactional, or an inter-disciplinary hybrid of several practice areas, we are able to offer world class service to meet the needs of our clients.
The firm understands that core purpose of Intellectual Property Rights protection is the protection of innovations that are of commercial value.
Further the firm understands that the basis for protection of intellectual property is to encourage and promote further creativity.
The firm has a team of highly skilled Intellectual Property lawyers. Our practice is broad-ranging, from all aspects of patent, trademark, and copyright protection and enforcement, utility models, industrial designs, advice on entertainment law, domain names, and security interests in intellectual property, licensing, franchising and related aspects of commercial and technology law.
- Reorganisation and the entry of Econet as majority shareholder in ST Cellular Burundi
- Establishment of a wireless telecommunication service for SKYE Sudan in South Sudan through a licensed telecommunication company, Telco Networks Ltd
- Establishment and legal advice in technology and media law for MTECH Ltd
- Advice in technology contracts and intellectual property for Seven Seas Technology Ltd, a leading provider of integrated business technology systems in partnership with Global Technology Industry leaders such as SUN, Cisco, Symantec, Checkpoint, VMWare, QAD, Tibco, EMC and Oracle among others
- Legal Advice to Mobile Planet Ltd, the leading mobile messaging solutions company which is behind various key mobile messaging products in Kenya such as GetIt 411 and GroupSMS