The Firm’s Energy, Minerals and Environment practice group offers legal advisory services on all energy, mineral exploration and mining and environment sectors.
We offer legal advisory services on a full range of matters for clients engaged in energy, infrastructure and resourcing, including mergers and acquisitions, all forms of financing, competition and regulatory, trading, tax, construction as well as general corporate and commercial advise.
Our clients include petroleum companies, state corporations, multinational mining corporations, and private energy and environment companies among other players.
We are currently advising on the purchase of a power plant by a local energy company. We have also advised on the establishment of several mining companies in Kenya.
- Acting for Thikaway in the development of 35mw biogas project in Homabay. Equinox a UK based private equity fund is investing USD 54 million.
- Advising TRAPOS on design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of Cable Car Facilities. The transaction value is USD 50 million.
- Legal advisors to the forensic auditors, Deloitte Consulting Ltd, for the Forensic Audit of Kenya Petroleum Refineries (KPRL) in reviewing the entire regulatory framework supporting the relationship between KPRL and the major Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) as well as advising on the Y-shift
- Purchase of a hydropower project by Gulf Energy
- Advised Hashi Energy on a concession agreement with a large property developer for the supply of LPG gas.
- Advised Hashi Energy in the joint venture relating to importation, storage, distribution and retail marketing of LPG in Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and neighbouring countries
- Leasing of land for a major client to a licensed miner for the mining of natural resources
- Privatisation of certain services by Kenya Ports Authority (ongoing)