We are a Leading Law firm in Kenya in Capital Market transactions. We advise on issues of shares and debt securities to the public through initial public offering, rights issues, secondary offers of securities, issue of bonds, debentures and notes at the Nairobi Securities Exchange and other regional stock exchanges. We have also advised on various capital markets regulation and laws.
We have been advisors in the creation of the Growth Enterprise Market Segment (GEMS) on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and we are currently advising on the set up of the Derivatives and Futures Market in Kenya.
We have extensive experience in both local and cross-border capital raising transactions. We advise various companies in capital raising transactions either through entry of strategic investors, sale of assets, rights issue, private placements, initial public offers and secondary offers.
We are also engaged in legal advisory work in structures and models of our client companies through mergers, reconstructions, de- mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures; conducting legal due diligence and drafting the necessary documents to effect the mergers reconstructions, de- mergers and acquisitions.
- Initial Public Offer (IPO) by Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd offering 701 million shares and raising over Kshs. 4.5 billion. The offer was described by the New York Stock exchange as the African IPO of the year
- Co- counsel for the Initial Public Offer (IPO) by Bank of Kigali, the largest bank in Rwanda, for the sale of 300, 304, 4000 shares raising $ 62,600,000
- Listing by Introduction of the shares in CIC Insurance Group Ltd and Longhorn Kenya Ltd in the Nairobi Securities Exchange
- Rights Issue of over 22 million new shares in Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Ltd The shares were subsequently listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange
- Rights Issue by Family Bank to raise approximately Kshs. 1.5 billion
- Rights Issue by Olympia Capital Holdings Ltd raising Kshs. 400 million
- Secondary Offer by the Government of Kenya for sale of 92 million shares in Mumias Sugar Company Ltd raising Kshs. 4.3 billion
- Bond issue by Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd issuing medium term notes to the public for Kshs. 4 billion
- Collective Investments Schemes (CIS) for Suntra Investment Bank and Afrika Investment Bank Capital Ltd
- Growth Enterprise Market Segment (GEMS) as lead legal advisors for the Nairobi Securities Exchange on the setup of the GEMS market and industry wide training for market players and prospective nominated advisers (NOMADS)
- GEMS listing – The first GEMS listing the country by Home Afrika Ltd- a leading property development Company.
- Derivatives Market as lead legal advisors for the Nairobi Securities Exchange on the establishment of a Derivatives market and advising on the setup of the requisite legal structures
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS), advising several promoters and property developers toward the establishment of REITS